How to Be Persuasive When Talking Quality Across Your Organization
Have you ever been frustrated with trying to motivate everyone to embrace quality in your organization?
Are you tired of being stressed over having difficult conversations with people who see you as someone who has a “policing” role within the organization?
Then, this webinar is for you!
Because you fully understand how inadequate communication in the pharmaceutical industry can severely impact the quality management system, leading to poor quality product non-conformances and product recalls.
By joining the webinar, you will learn tips and strategies for talking to people from the top to the bottom of an organization about the quality management system with advice on developing a quality culture within your organization.
You will also discover how to use plainer language to have quality conversations so that everyone understands you and is motivated to adopt a quality mindset. As a result, you’ll become instrumental in positioning your organization at a competitive advantage by influencing how everyone thinks and acts.
ENGAGE EVERYONE IN THE QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM SO THAT
- employees have a better understanding of the importance of a quality system and how it applies to them and their role;
- the top management understands how a well-managed quality system leads directly to larger organizational goals and visions and is motivated to adopt and show a quality mindset;
Who Should Attend:
Quality and regulatory affairs professionals in all ranks.
- Skill Level: Novice, Intermediate , Expert
Culture of Quality
- What is it?
- Why is it important? – people, safety, cost, and time
- How do we talk to people in a way that helps us create it and support it?
Talking to the Top
- Showing you have a deep understanding of your organization and the corporate visions and goals
- Explaining quality to the top management – Tying the quality system to the CEO’s main concerns
- Money, Reputation, Happy Customers
- Helping top management see the wisdom of leading with a quality mindset
Talking to the Others
- Defining quality and giving ownership of quality to every employee
- Establish open lines of communication so that all employees are proactive in discussing quality with you (and with others) throughout the organization
- Strategies for employee engagement
- Tips on how to approach difficult conversations
During the Q&A, you will be able to ask Lesley questions on any aspect of communication.